CHENNAI - Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh has said that a sanctuary for ghariyals (fresh water crocodiles) spread over 1,600 sq km will be created along the Chambal River in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh to protect the species from extinction.
LUCKNOW - Annual census of the dwindling population of crocodiles and endangered ghariyals is underway along the River Chambal in Uttar Pradesh.
HONOLULU - Federal officials say a rare deep diving whale rescued from a Maui beach earlier this month has died.
MELBOURNE - Japanese scientists are testing visual capacity of dolphins by screening nature movies on big screen plasma TVs in front of their tanks.
HONOLULU - A federal advisory group says fishermen who use longlines to catch ahi, mahimahi and other fish off Hawaii should use a different kind of hook so they don't accidentally severely injure or kill a rare dolphin species known as the false killer whale.
- Bolivia seeks rescue of stranded river dolphins
- Dolphins, sea lions going on guard at Wash. base
- Dolphins death in Bihar worries authorities
- Blind boy, 4, has ‘dolphin’ vision
- Rescuers try to save dolphins on Cape Cod
- Group of wayward dolphins spotted in icy NJ river
- Randy Kiwi dolphin traps young women at sea!
- Dolphin stranded in Ala. after Tropical Storm Ida
- Dolphins may be cause of spike in porpoise deaths
- A clean Ganga could enhance dolphins’ presence in the river, says expert
- How whales and dolphins evolved
- Japanese town in 'The Cove' setting dolphins free