Celeb monkeys, ‘The Zookeeper’ crew evacuated from Boston hotel after carbon monoxide alarmsBy AP
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
‘Zookeeper’ monkeys evacuated from Boston hotel
BOSTON — Two movie-star monkeys and crew members of the Adam Sandler film “The Zookeeper” are among the 300 guests who were evacuated from a Boston hotel after carbon monoxide alarms went off.
Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald says a small boiler leak at the luxury Liberty hotel prompted elevated readings at around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. He says the leak was fixed early afternoon and no one was hurt.
Liberty spokesman Jim Treadway says the hotel has also hosted the non-animal stars of “The Zookeeper,” but none slept over Wednesday. He declined to drop names.
“The Zookeeper” made headlines earlier this month when a teenage boy fell into a lion pit at the Franklin Park Zoo in Boston that was part of the movie set. No animals were in the area, and the boy was not badly hurt.